Transfers from Aktion National Airport (PVK)
Greece Lefkada island holidays guide Famous all over the world for the exotic beaches, Lefkada island is a fabulous place to visit for summer vacations.
This island of the Ionian Sea, geographically located west of the Greek mainland, has the most amazing sea color. Beaches, like Porto Katsiki, Kathisma and Egremni, are among the most photographed places in Greece. Lefkada also has lovely seaside villages, like Sivota, Agios Nikitas and Vassiliki. In particular, the eastern side has family seaside villages, while the western side is dotted with wild beaches.
Have a look in our Lefkada travel guide and find all information for your holidays. General information Have a look on our travel guide that we have prepared for Lefkada island and see the most important beaches, villages, museums and sights to visit. Also check our lovely photos, 360 pictures and detailed maps to get a better understanding of the location.
Capital of the prefecture, built on the entrance of the Gulf of Amvrakikos. A modern city, administrative, commercial, intellectual and tourist center of the prefecture. Beautiful, traditional buildings adorn the port and the historical center while the pedestrian walkways and cobblestone streets lined with popular taverns and cafès remind us of the islands. The city’s rich intellectual and artistic activities include frequent conferences, exhibitions and festivals.
- The three castles: Agios Andreas (18th c.), Agios Georgios (1807), and Pantokratoras (1807). The view from the last one at dusk is spellbinding.
- The Agios Haralambos cathedral, with its clock tower.
- The Museum of Natural History, at Neochori.
- The Museum of the Aktion Naval Battle.
- The Municipal Library. It contains 20,600 volumes and 600 rare books of the 19th century (for their most part) and of the 18th century.
- The scenic seaside promenade flanked by imposing buildings such as the Court of Justice, the Town Hall, the National Bank, and the Old Marketplace.
- The hydrotherapy spa.
- Margarona, a colourful area on the way to the Neochori, Agia Triada, and Agios Thomas settlements.
The Amvrakikos wetlands habitat, at the estuary of the rivers Louros and Arachthos is considered one of the major European wetlands habitats and is protected by the Ramsar Convention.
Available destinations from Aktion National Airport (PVK)
- Agios Nikitas
- Agrinio Town
- Igoumenitsa Port
- Lefkada Port (Marine)
- Lefkada Town
- Messolongi Town
- Nydri (Meganisi Ferry)
- Patra / Patras
- Preveza Port/Town
- Sivota (Igoumenitsa)
- Sivota (Lefkada)
- Vasiliki (Lefkada)